Finding the right fit:
Ayres Associates’ structural engineers has proudly served the Florida Department of Transportation, Counties, Townships, and private clients for more than 50 years. We’re seeking an ambitious individual who is passionate about working on a variety of projects requiring engineering judgement and innovation. You’ll join a respected structural group who will challenge you to apply your professional knowledge of new designs and bridge rehabilitation.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work under the supervision of structural engineering manager to design and prepare plans for bridges and other structures.
- Perform structural design and analysis of steel and/or concrete structures utilizing structural software.
- Apply code requirements.
- Check plan details; and prepare cost estimates, technical reports and specifications for repair and rehabilitation of in-service bridges and the design of new bridges and miscellaneous structures.
- Work with nationally known hydraulic engineers on bridge scour retrofits.
- Responsibilities may require field investigation of existing bridges.
- A bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in civil engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering with at least five years of experience in the design, detailing, and analysis of steel and concrete bridges and other structures.
- A Professional Engineering license in the State of Florida or ability to obtain through reciprocity with another state.
- Experience with the design and rehabilitation of bridges and other highway-related structures.
- Experience with bridge design and detailing software.
- Experience with FDOT design guidelines and specifications preferred.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Current NHI Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges certificate would be considered a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.